Financial Aid

Investing in yourself always pays off!

Finances should not be a barrier to getting excellent career training. At, CKTC we believe students should have the opportunity to attend Caddo Kiowa Technology Center. So our financial aid officer works hard for you to provide you the best options available to help you on your new career path.

CKTC is governed by the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education and serves 14 partner school districts in Caddo County. “For more than a hundred years, Oklahoma’s system of career and technology education has been focused on improving Oklahoma’s economy by providing individuals with the training and skills necessary to be successful in the workplace and by providing companies with the required workforce necessary to compete globally.” (ODCTE)


Students are encouraged to apply for scholarships, financial aid, and other resources by the appropriate deadlines.

Use to apply for Federal Student Aid. The CKTC School Code is 009963.

What is the FAFSA?

Free Application for Student Aid is the acronym for FAFSA.

How do I apply for the FAFSA?

Federal Pell Grants

The Federal Pell Grant Program is a Title IV entitlement program in which a student’s eligibility is determined by a standard formula set by the U.S. Department of Education. The awards are calculated by the financial aid office following these standards and are based on family size and financial situation of the student and family. It is also calculated based on the number of clock hours attended throughout a school year.

Any post-secondary student who has not received a B.S. or B.A degree may apply by obtaining a free Federal Student Aid application from the financial aid office or by going online to website. Within 2-4 weeks the student will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) stating eligibility. This report includes a summary of application information and the determination of eligibility index. This index is the result of computations involving the financial and non-financial data submitted on the application. The method for computing eligibility applies to all dependent and independent students uniformly. Students may be required to document financial information by submitting copies of U.S. transcripts. The specific computations involved in the calculation may be obtained by contacting the Financial Aid office.

Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant (OTAG)

The Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant is a Student State Incentive Grant. The grant is awarded from funds made available by state law and where applicable, other contributing partners. Students automatically apply for OTAG by completing the FAFSA application for their pell grant.

Eligibility requirements include
1. All Pell Grant eligiblity requirements,
2. Must be a legal resident of Oklahoma as determined by the Oklahoma State Regents of Higher Education (OSRHE), 3. FAFSA application completed and submitted.
4. Attend an approved Oklahoma post-secondary institution.
5. Demonstrate financial need as determined by FAFSA.
6. Maintain the same guidelines for Satisfactory Academic Progress that apply for pell grants.

Eligible applicants are funded on a first-come, first served basis until all funds have been awarded. The school will determine the amount of award allotted to each student. It is calculated on the student enrollment of part-time or full-time. The student eligibility will be based on their FAFSA application. Disbursements for OTAG are twice a year, once in the fall and once in the spring. The award will be posted to the students account. If there is no outstanding balance, a refund for the award will be issued back to the student.

Oklahoma’s Promise

Oklahoma’s Promise is an Oklahoma Scholarship that students apply for in the 8th, 9th or 10th grade. Student eligibility is determined by the Oklahoma State Regents of Higher Education (OSRHE).

Eligibility requirements include
1. Students take a required list of academic classes and maintain a GPA of 2.5,
2. Students must complete a FAFSA application for the award year of their first year of attending a post-secondary education

institution which will provide the required second income check,
3. Enroll in a course that is offered through a cooperative agreement with a degree granting institution. and 4. Maintain the same Satisfactory Academic Progress guidelines that apply for pell grants.

Oklahoma’s Promise funds will be posted to the students account. If there is no outstanding balance, a refund for the award will be issued back to the student. Students who believe they may be eligible should contact the financial aid office for assistance.

Bureau of Indian Affairs/Tribal Funding

The BIA awards educational grants to students who meet their eligibility requirements. Such grants may cover tuition, supplies and living expenses. These requirements, along with benefits, and satisfactory academic progress standards are administered by each individual agency. Assistance could vary with each student dependent upon need. Students who are on the tribal roll, and who think they may qualify should contact their Tribal Agency Educational Department for more information.

Workforce Investment Act

WIA programs are available for those facing employment barriers or that qualify as a dislocated worker. Native Americans may be eligible for WIA through their tribal offices. Applicants must meet WIA economic, employment and geographical guidelines, which are determined by a WIA counselor. Criteria for eligibility and SAP standards are administered by the local WIA office. CKTC is on the approved list of training providers in the state of Oklahoma. Students that think they may qualify should contact our local Workforce Oklahoma office.

Federal Work-Study

The Federal Work-Study (FWS) program provides jobs for students who qualify for financial aid to allow them to earn money for school expenses. The amount of your FWS award depends on financial need, hours worked and funding available for the program. Students who are interested in applying can pick up an application in the Financial Aid Office. The Financial Aid coordinator will provide a copy of the work study manual that explains eligibility requirements and expectations of student employees.

Vocational Rehabilitation

This is a program of assistance for individuals that are physically or mentally disabled. Services include testing, psychological evaluation, medical examination and counseling services. In some cases Vocational Rehabilitation pays tuition, fees, books and supply costs. Student eligibility and SAP standards are administered by the Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services (ODRS). Students who think they may qualify should contact a Vocational Rehabilitation counselor or the Financial Aid coordinator for a referral to a counselor.

Veterans/Veterans Readiness and Employment Benefits

The Veterans Administration (VA) awards educational benefits under several programs, depending on student qualifications. Student
benefits may vary based on what program they choose to enroll in. Benefits may be in the form of educational expenses or living expenses while in training. The programs require an honorable discharge from the Armed Forces. The student will have to provide a copy of his/her DD- 214. Students may contact the VA for eligibility determination by calling 1-800-827-1000. Students training under the GI Bill® can call 1-888- 442-4551 or go to www. Disabled Veterans may also be eligible for Veteran Readiness and Employment benefits through the VA. Any student with these benefits should contact their counselor for training options. For more information go to Upon the eligibility confirmation from the VA, the student should contact the Financial Aid office to ensure the proper procedures are taken to receive benefits.

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the Official U.S. government website at

Oklahoma Career and Technology Foundation Scholarships

Scholarships for school related expenses are offered to students through the Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education twice a year, pending the availability of funds. Students interested in applying can pick up an application in the financial aid office, or click on the following link:

CKTC Scholarship



In-the-district high school graduates from CKTC partner schools or in-the-district High School Equivalency Certificate recipients who received their certificate within the district can receive up to a $2500 scholarship towards tuition for the completion of one career major in a full-time program at CKTC. Students can use the scholarship until their 22nd birthday. All students who meet the eligibility requirements receive scholarships.  The student will be responsible for the cost of instructional supplies.

Application Procedures

To receive a CKTC Scholarship, the student must provide a copy of his or her high school diploma from a CKTC partner school or a High School Equivalency certificate from the district and proof of residency in the district to the CKTC Financial Aid Coordinator.

Cost of Attendance

Room and Board

CKTC does not provide campus housing.

Debt at Program Completion

CKTC does not offer student loans; therefore the debt at program completion is not applicable to CKTC students.

Misrepresentation & Fraud

A school is deemed to have engaged in substantial misrepresentation when the school itself, one of its representatives, or other related parties (see below), makes a substantial misrepresentation regarding the school, including about the nature of its educational program, its financial charges, or the employability of its graduates.

Misrepresentation is defined as a false, erroneous, or misleading statement made directly to or indirectly to a student, prospective student, or any member of the public, state agency or department.

CKTC prohibits any employee from engaging in any type of misrepresentation and understands that the Department of Ed. may revoke our participation agreement, impose limitations, deny participation or initiate a proceeding against the institution.

If the institution suspects that an applicant has misreported information and/or altered documentation to fraudulently obtain federal funds, the institution will report its suspicions (and provide any evidence) to the Office of the Inspector General (OIG).

The appropriate action will be taken against any student or prospective student who misrepresents him or herself.

Help Prevent Financial Aid/Scholarship Fraud

On November 5, 2000, Congress passed the College Scholarship Fraud Prevention Act of 2000 (CSFPA). The CSFPA enhances protection against fraud in student financial assistance by establishing stricter sentencing guidelines for criminal financial aid fraud. It also charged the Department, working in conjunction with the Federal Trade Commission, with implementing national awareness activities, including a scholarship fraud awareness site on the ED Web site. To file a complaint, or for free information, students or parents should call 1-877-FTC-HELP (1-877-382-4357) or visit