To transform is fascinating, but to enhance is divine!
In CKTC’s Cosmetology school, students work with professional cosmetologists in a full-service, interactive salon and spa environment learning professional cosmetology skills. The program at CKTC is an approved course of study in the state of Oklahoma.
Why Cosmetology School?
There will always be a demand for students who are passionate about helping others look their best, whether that’s helping with their hair, makeup, nails, or skin. In fact, you may already help your friends and family with their look – so why not consider it as a career?
Cosmetology allows you to show your creative side in finding beauty solutions for your clients. And, because our appearance can be linked to our confidence, you’re helping your clients not just to look their best, but feel their best, too.
Working as a licensed stylist also has its benefits in that working in a salon allows you to set your own schedule, with your income directly reflecting how much you’ve worked. Being a stylist is one of a few jobs where you can directly control the amount of income you make through building a client base and setting your own hours to what best suits your needs.
In-District High School Students – TUITION-FREE
In-District Adult Students – $2.50 per credit hour + supplies
Out-of-District Adult Students – $5 per credit hour + supplies
Cosmetology training is rigorous and requires a number of skills and safety measures. The following are considerations prospective students should keep in mind about CKTC’s Cosmetology program:
- Reading writing and math – 8th-grade level
- Pass safety test
- Communication & listening skills
- Get along with others
- Understand & follow directions
- Standing for long periods of time
- Measurement & proportions
- Work with sharp objects and chemicals
- Will be studying anatomy/ physiology and chemistry
- Professional dress daily (no tank tops or shorts) pants/skirts must be below the knee and covered with a black smock
- Closed-toed shoes. No high heels, no house shoes, no furry shoes, etc.
- SSN required to register with Oklahoma State Board of Cosmetology