How would you like to learn how to work on any vehicle in a rapidly changing industry? At Caddo Kiowa Technology Center you will learn to diagnose, repair and maintain imported and domestic cars and how to use the advanced diagnostic equipment.
The shop at CKTC (located in Fort Cobb, Oklahoma) is a modern facility fitted to troubleshoot and repair complex automotive systems in today’s industry.
Many employers look for automotive mechanics or technicians who possess a certificate, diploma, or associate degree from an accredited school. Caddo Kiowa Technology Center’s Auto Service Technology Program can provide you with all of this and more!
Students enrolled in the program may also receive WorkKeys and ASE Student certificates.
Automotive Service Technician
Auto mechanic classes are rigorous and require a number of safety measures. The following are considerations prospective students should keep in mind about CKTC’s Auto Service Tech program:
- Reading, writing and math – 10th-grade level
- Strong communication and math skills
- Ability to read and comprehend
- Pass Safety Test
- Ability to complete a task
- Follow directions
- Looking up and ordering parts
- Working with chemicals
- Working around running engines and equipment (car lift)
- Long pants and boots recommended
- Work with computers, hand & power tools
- Must wear safety glasses
- Driver’s license is a must
Classes are Monday through Friday from August to May.
8:20am – 11:20am
12:30am – 3:30pm
In-District High School Students – TUITION-FREE
In-District Adult Students – $2.50 per credit hour + supplies
Out-of-District Adult Students – $5.00 per credit hour + supplies